Blog 10

I thought a lot of people did pretty interesting stuff. For instance, there was the skate world campaign. I thought the creation of a snapchat filter was really cool. I wouldn’t have imagined that creating something with technology would have been easy. But the way they presented it, it sounded like it was something just about anyone could’ve done. It was also cool the way they looked at the metrics in order to track their circulation. They were able to see how many people used the filter, and how many people saw it. They could also see how many people swiped over it. So I thought that was really fascinating because it’s a great example of what we can do with technology now a days.

The snapchat filter didn’t really have any constraints, but I know that some other people had constraints with their circulation and tracking it as the representatives for some of the organizations they represented didn’t want to circulate the texts until a certain date which we as students couldn’t control. And I know some people weren’t actually able to track their circulation because the tracking of the circulation required seeing how many people were attending the events that we were promoting, and in order to track how many people saw the promotions, the event would have to actually happen first. So that’s just something the students didn’t really have any control over.

If my group and I were to do anything differently, one of the things we said we would do is try and set up an actual event for people to show up to so that we can do a better job at tracking circulation of some of the texts. Another suggestion we had gotten was checking the metrics of the website for the organization that we representing. So I had made an e-blast as my text and in my e-blast I had a link to the website people should to go to if they were interested in joining the organization. And so one way to track the circulation would have been to see how much of an increase in people there was going on to the website to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 6

Blog 7

Analyzing Famous Coke Commercial